- School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University
- Instructor: Prof. Byoung-Tak Zhang
- TA: Ho-Sik Seok (Office : 138-409, TEL: 880-5890)
- Classroom: 302-209
- Time: Mon 11:00-12:15 and Wed 11:00-12:15
- To understand the principles of cognitive information processing in the human brain
- To get ideas on developing computational methods to imitate the human cognition, learning, and memory
- To acquire the theoretical and technical tools for application of artificial intelligence
- To understand the history and future prospects of bio-inspired artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence: A New Synthesis, Nils J. Nilsson, Morgan Kaufmann, 1998. [AI]
- Cognitive Neuroscience: The Biology of the Mind, Third Edition, M.S. Gazzaniga, R.B. Ivry, and G.R. Mangun, Norton & Company, 2008. [CNS]
- Hypernetworks: A molecular evolutionary architecture for cognitive learning
and memory, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine,
3(3):49-63, 2008. [IEEE-CIM, 2008]
- Molecular Nanobiointelligence Computers: Computer Science Meets Biotechnology, Nonotechnology, and Cognitive Science (in Korean), Communications of the Korea Information Science Society, 23(5):41-56, 2005.[NBIC, 2005]
- Hyperinteractionism: Investigations into Artificial Minds Beyond Symbolism, Connectionism, and Dynamicism (in Korean), Natural Science, 144-165, Summer 2005. [HI, 2005]
- Artificial Intelligence: Past, Present and Future (in Korean), In Computers in the 21st Century, Chap. 11, Kyohaksa, pp.176-200, 1998. [AI-PPF, 1998]
- [New] Scores (if you have any claim, contact TA until June 22nd)
- three exams (60%)
- two small-scale projects (30%)
- presence and participation in discussion (10%)
- The 2nd exam
- May 31st.
- Scope: Search (Chs 8-9, Logic (Chs 13-14), KBS (Ch 17) .
- The 3rd exam
- June 2nd: Take-Home Exam Questions announced .
- Scope: Vision (Ch 6), Language (Ch 10), Learning and Memory (Ch 8).
- Submission due: June 14th 11:00 AM.
Links for MMG Game download
- Project #1: Pattern Classification by Neural Networks (DUE: 23:59, April 5)
- Project #2: Cross-modal Generation between Image and Text using Hypernetworks (DUE: 23:59, May 31