Evolutionary Computation Research Group
The Evolutionary Computation Research Group at BI Lab is interested in
developing and analyzing evolutionary learning algorithms for real-world
problems such as identification of biochemical networks, design of molecular
computers, and disease diagnosis. Current research focuses on probabilistic
modeling of evolutionary computations, including Bayesian evolutionary
algorithms, sequentical Monte Carlo, and estimation of distribution algorithms, and its applications to the biological knowledge discovery.
- Representations for Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms
(September 17, 2003 ~ October 15, 2003)
- Evolution as Computation
(May 24, 2003)
- Evolutionary Computation in Bioinformatics
(February 10-28, 2003)
- Theoretical Aspects of Evolutionary Computing
(March 23, 2002 ~ June 8, 2002)
- EC Group Seminar
(September 4, 2000 ~ March 8, 2001)
- Genetic Programming - An Inroduction
(September 12-26, 1998)
- Evolutionary Algorithms in Theory and Practice
(August 20-27, 1998)
- An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms
(July 16-28, 1998)
- Genetic Programming, a tutorial presented at SEAL-98, Canberra, Australia, November 24, 1998.
- Evolutionary Data Mining, presented at SIG Data Mining Workshop of the Korea Management Science Society, Seoul, Korea, October 15, 1998.
- Program Complexity Control in Genetic Programming, a tutorail presented at GP-97, Stanford, CA, USA, July 1997.
- Theory and Applications of Evolutionary Computation, a tutorial presented at KISS-96 Fall Conference, Yongin, Korea, October 1996.
- Evolution, Complexity and Hierarchy in Natural and Artificial Systems : Robert Ian McKay, University of New South Walse, May 22, 2002.
- Evolution Strategies in Noisy Environments: Dirk V. Arnold, University of Dortmund, May 26, 2001.
- Meta-Evolutionary Ensembles: Yong Seog Kim, University of Iowa, May 10, 2001.
- Hybrid Monte Carlo and Bayesian Learning in Neural Networks: Sung-Hae Jun, Inha University, March 31, 2001.
- The Factorized Distribution Algorithm FDA for Optimizing Additively Decomposed Functions: H. Mühlenbein, GMD, Germany, March 15, 1999.
- LEONN (Learning and Evolution Of Neural Nets): Learning and evolution of biologically inspired neural networks and their application to spatio-temporal pattern recognition, November 1998 - July 2001.
- EOS (Evolution On Silicon): Hardware evolution and its application to evolutionary design of silicon-based complex adaptive systems, March 1998 - February 2000.
- MACS (Multi-Agent Cooperation Strategies): Artificial life techniques for evolutionary learning of cooperative behaviors of multiple autonomous mobile robots, September 1996 - August 1999.
- AGIPT (Adaptive GenetIc Programming Tool): A genetic programming environment for the development of flexible information processing systems, March 1996 - February 1998.
- ECTOP (Evolutionary Computing Theory for OPtimization): Evolutionary computation theory for solving continuous optimization problems, March 1997 - December 1997.
- GAMAR (Genetic Algorithms for MulticAst Routing): Evolutionary multicast routing on high speed communication networks, December 1995 - December 1997.
- ALENN (Active Learning Evolutionary Neural Networks): Active genetic search models for efficient learning in neural networks, March 1996 - December 1996.
- SIFOGA (Statistical Inference as a theoretical Foundation Of Genetic Algorithms): Statistical theory of genetic algorithms and its application, among others, to neural network optimization for solving time-series prediction problems, GMD, April 1993 - March 1996.
- FOGA2007: Foundations of Genetic Algorithms IX
(January 8-11, 2007, Mexico City, Mexico)
- IEEE SSCI 2007: IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence
(April 1-5, 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA)
- EVO*: Europe's premier co-located events on evolutionary computing
(April 11-13, 2007, Valencia, Spain)
- GECCO2007: Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference 2007
(July 7-11, 2007, London, England)
- ICES'07: 7th International Conference on Evolvable Systems
(September 21-23, 2007, Wuhan, China)
- CEC2007: 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation
(September 25-28, 2007, Singapore)
- Related Groups and Sites
This page is maintained by Sang-Woo Lee (email@example.com). Last update: February 21, 2007.